This week on Adventures in Grad School … !
- I realized I could take the tunnels all the way from the visitor centre/bookstore, which is next to my bus stop, to the building where I take classes and teach … and subsequently realized I was lost.
- I applied for a part-time job in academic advising and for a grant to start a speculative fiction reading group … more details to follow!
- As part of these endeavours I shamelessly and awkwardly networked, in the way that only an introvert, trying desperately not to be an introvert, can.
- Sleep deprivation was a factor in this complex equation.
- After nearly six months, my townhouse started to feel like home to me.
- And, I started to feel like a “real grad student” …
… whatever that means. “What does it mean to be a ‘real grad student?’“